Oregon Wunders - 6/05/2019
Possibly the first electric car in Lincoln County, the "CitiCar." Pictured in the 1970s is its owner Robert Sloan of Toledo. The CitiCar was basically an upgraded electric golf cart.
According to Wikipedia:
The CitiCar was an electric car produced between 1974 and 1977 by a U.S. company called Sebring-Vanguard, Inc., based in Sebring, Florida. Sebring-Vanguard was sold to Commuter Vehicles, Inc., which produced similar vehicles (the Comuta-Car and Comuta-Van) from 1979 to 1982. Its exterior design lives on in the Norwegian Kewet. Accounting for all CitiCar variants, a total of 4,444 units were produced up to 1979, the most since 1945 for an electric car assembled in North America until surpassed by the Tesla Model S.
--Lincoln County Historical Society