Recipe of the Week - 05/15/2019
Recipes for and by the Community
Instant Pot® Salisbury Steak with Onion and Mushroom Gravy
1/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
1/4 cup finely diced onion
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 clove garlic, minced, or more to taste
1 pound ground beef
1/2 pound lean ground pork
2 tablespoons avocado oil
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1 (8 ounce) package sliced cremini mushrooms
1/4 cup dry red wine
2 cups beef broth
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 tablespoons beef broth
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1. Combine bread crumbs, onion, egg, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic in a large bowl. Stir well and add beef and pork. Mix gently and form 8 equal portions. Place patties on a plate, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate 1 hour. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
2. Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Add oil. Add patties in batches to avoid overcrowding the pot. Saute 2 minutes per side. Transfer cooked patties to a plate. Add onions to the pot and cook until brown, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook 2 minutes more.
3. Pour wine into the pot and stir, scraping up all the brown bits from the bottom. Add broth, tomato paste, salt, and pepper; stir well. Return cooked patties and any accumulated liquid to the pot and turn to coat.
4. Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 15 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
5. Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, 10 to 40 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid.
6. Combine 4 tablespoons broth and cornstarch in a bowl and stir until dissolved. Add mixture to the pot slowly, stirring constantly. Select Saute function; cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.